Thursday 7 November 2019

December 8, 2017

Today, it is time to do some crafting again! Yule trees seem to be an essential part of Yule decoration. The Grand Order will put up their Yule tree on 12th December, and you are welcome to join the fun! We hope that the Yule tree will stay intact, namely, we have a pig in the hall that loves eating Yule decorations.

If you can't get enough of Yule trees, you can make more! Here are some I have in my own burrow:


The first Yule tree (upper left corner) is made from paper snowflakes, cut by me and my little helper, Mini Pycella. The snowflakes could have been smaller and more spiky, this tree looks a bit plump. Well, a good choice for a hobbit I think! The second tree (upper right corner) is a postcard I got some years ago from the faraway lands of Gondor. They seem to have different Yule trees there! I'm planning to make a larger version of this one day, maybe for next Yule, so that I could use it as a painting. The third tree (at the bottom) is my favourite! It is an edible one, made from chocolate candies. The candies have been glued to a cone, starting from the bottom, and then I attached a small star with a stick on top. I used Yule chocolate (some had a baked apple filling, others ginger bread filling). But all kinds of wrapped candies should do - pick up your favourites! Here is a picture of making the tree:

 
I used a fancy gluing tool to make this tree, but I bet any sturdy glue will do, like the slug glue used by the Quick Post. Some people also paint the cone, but I was a bit lazy there and didn't do it. The hardest part of making this edible tree is that you should avoid eating those candies during the crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment