Thursday 15 December 2022

December 15, 2022

 

 

Our 15th yule calendar entry comes from Saelo Honeythumb! He has sent us a yule poem with a drawing. Maybe it teaches you to be more careful with yer drinking...



Yule Tree


What I found in the morning was dire,
Someone had set my Yule tree on fire!
It was only ashes remaining
The view in front of me was paining!

Whoever committed such a foolish act
Should be found and punished in fact!
Can’t take this issue to the shirriffs
Brandy smell is heavy in their whiffs.

Now speaking of drinks, some warmed mulled wine
In this cold weather would help so fine.
I am also sure can get some clues
In an inn full of gossip and news.

That’s what I call a proper crowd,
When the bar is unseen under pipeweed cloud!
But I should not let it to distract me
Focusing on my matter is the key.

This wine is high quality, I must admit,
A second glass of it would be grand fit.
Must also relax to reach my purpose
No one will talk to me if I am too nervous.

When did I take my coat off my shoulder?
After entering the inn I am sure!
It is very warm inside anyways
But still should be careful in any case!
Now I remember, it was the day before
The wine was grand, so I kept to pour,
Too many glasses I had dried
And at the end with joy I cried.

It was an idea of my friend that night
To put some more blazing light.
Stumbled outside with matches in hand
Giggling with the idea so grand.

Light of my bonfire was quite high
You could even see the stars in the sky!
Now I wonder if I should make another fire,
As without that light today would be dire.


No comments:

Post a Comment