Sunday 8 December 2019

December 8, 2019





For out 8th Yule calendar surprise, we have a song by Miss Hollyberye! She has sent a song about dancing showmen, and a picture that goes with it. Time to dance and whirl!



Gammer's Dancing Snowmen
              by Hollyberye


♪ I said goodnight to Gammer dear
♪ I kissed her brow, so old
♪ I chuckled at the tale she'd told
♪ Of snowmen dancing bold
♪ How I wished that I could see this sight--
♪ I stepped out in the crisp night
♪ Instead of walking to my home
♪ I climbed the snowy heights

♪ Through deep drifts of pristine fresh snow
♪ I solemnly climbed high
♪ I thought I heard a faint sweet sound
♪ Beneath the starry sky
♪ Gammer said that once a year
♪ Snowmen are making merry
♪ On this very Shire hilltop
♪ I quivered and grew wary...

♪ Around the final bend I peeked
♪ I saw white figures whirl
♪ Round and icy, spinning tops
♪ Gammer's snowmen twirled
♪ Some were fluting and some luting
♪ And faintly did they sing
♪ The snowmen of Yule were there
♪ It was a joyful thing

♪ And though the night was hastening on
♪ I stayed, I danced, I grinned
♪ It was the truth that Gammer told
♪ Snowmen come with Yule winds
♪ I might never see this sight again
♪ But the memory would last
♪ When I'm a Gammer I shall tell
♪ Another Hobbit lass

No comments:

Post a Comment