Monday 2 December 2019

December 2, 2019



For our second Yule entry, we have a Yule picture by an elluf, Duilorfang! He has sent a picture of a Yule tree in the elluf homesteads. I'd love to dance around this tree. I wonder if there's any mulled wine inside the house?



  
In addition to the picture, we have somet else too: a Yule riddle! It is a special one: a riddle that can only be solved in-game, in LOTRO, and on the Laurelin server. If you get it right, you will find a Yule-themed prize in the end!

First, some general notes and tips:

  • This riddle can only be solved in LOTRO, on the Laurelin server. However, it is a riddle that even a low level character can solve.
  • You can solve the riddle on your own or with friends. You can do it as a special RP treasure hunt, or whatever you like. Main thing is to have fun. Feel free to sip some mulled wine on the go.
  • If you solve the riddle or parts of it, please don’t share them publicly to others who have not done it yet. It could spoil the fun for them.
  • If you get stuck and need tips, you can contact me (Pycella in-game, or pycellawoodberry(a)gmail.com ). I'll give you a hint or two to help you further!

You can read the solution to the riddle on December 23rd in this Yule calendar. Then, I will give you a link to the solution so you can read it. The riddle will stay in-game after the Yule calendar is finished though, so you can do it on the lazy Yule days as well, if you didn't get a chance to do it before.

The riddle:

First, go south, to the pool with leaves
Behind it, a giant stands on a hill
It has four wings, yet it can’t fly
Next to it, another giant bows deep
Pounce down the hill to a pouncer's den
Go inside to claim your prize

Once yer there, one more thing to solve
One last riddle to understand it all:

"If I have a lock on me, I might hold a treasure
But with no lock, I guard the thing that keeps you alive
What am I?"

Find me and you'll find the final answer.

Have fun with the riddle! 

EDIT: The picture above has nothing to do with the riddle itself. You might need to think like a hobbit...


No comments:

Post a Comment